The Tri-Galactic Navy starship Initiative is on a mission to boldly go where no cat or dog has gone before.
If you like these stories, you should check out the full book.
- The Rocky Spires of Planet 227 — The Tri-Galactic Navy ship Initiative investigates an unusual rock formation. [~4,500 words]
- Danger in the Lumo-Bay — Captain Pierre Jacques and Doctor Waverly Keller, a Sphynx cat and an Irish Setter respectively, set out to spend a pleasant afternoon testing their ship’s new lumo-bay. But are the safeties working??? [~7,400 words]
- Ensign Mewly — A fearful feline officer aboard the starship Initiative wrestles with a glitch in the lumo-bay programming. [~1,000 words]
- Questor’s Gambit — Commander Bill Wilker, a Collie dog on the Tri-Galactic Navy ship Initiative, must protect his crew from a mysteriously powerful lifeform, and following his captain’s orders may not be enough. [~8,000 words]
- The Best and Worst of Worlds — Consul Eliana Tor, an exchange officer on the Tri-Galactic Navy ship Initiative, gets swept into a conflict between the cats and dogs of the navy and a dangerous alien race that they’ve encountered before. [~6,900 words]
- Skin of Reflection — The ursine exchange officer aboard the starship Initiative awakes from her hibernation and must face off with a mysterious, amorphous, metallic creature on her first mission. [~6,600 words]
And now for some bonus Tri-Galactic Trek stories!
- Crystal Fusion — A canine security officer, Lt. Vonn, and feline engineer, Lt. LeGuin, find themselves caught in the middle of a very confusing teleporter accident. [~12,900 words]
- The Arsenal of Obsolescence — Lt. Natalie Vonn is stranded on a jungle world, torn between trusting an eerie AI and hostile gerbil-like aliens to help her rescue the rest of her team. [~6,400 words]
- The Unshelled — When a collie dog helps a crab-like alien rescue a missing science vessel, the two of them discover a deeper connection than either could have expected. [~10,500 words]